Monday, October 4, 2010

BORING!



Sometimes boys listen to shitty music and girls don't. I can't explain how many times I've been invited to group rummage sales with "vinyl for the fellas and vintage clothes for the ladies!" (I like both, actually.) Or been told by record store owners "I get so many bored girlfriends in here!" or been asked if I was Jon's "helper" while carrying crates of records. FUCK OFF.

I once had a boyfriend (...or I guess more accurately a guy I was fucking and watching Project Runway with) smugly tell me "I like music that actually sounds like something." I've never seen someone so satisfied with themselves and their genuine interest in the dude from Deathcab for Cutie's "solo work." We didn't last long.

Look, as far as music goes I either want to be dancing or catching an elbow with my face. I don't have time for shit so luke warm you could wash a baby in it.

No comments: